Sunday, February 1, 2009

Year round gardening

I frequently hear people lamenting that they can't garden year round.

For me it is quite the contrary. I find that seldom does a day pass that I am not doing something that involves gardening or horticulture. I may not be spending time in the garden but I am spending time on gardening issues whether it involves activities around the two Groups that I'm a member of (Horticultural Society or Master Gardeners) or tending to plants that are growing under lights in the basement, answering questions from colleagues and friends, reading newly received magazines, studying catalogues, planning changes to my garden (winter or summer garden), writing articles or planning horticultural therapy sessions.

This coming week for example, I have 2 horticultural therapy sessions planned and a Master Gardener meeting to attend. These three activities will require some research and planning that can be spread out over several days. There are 2 catalogues and 2 websites to check for new plants for this summer.

So if you are still lamenting the fact that Spring is still a few months off, look for related options to pursue your gardening passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment