Friday, August 7, 2009

Clematis 'Summer Snow'"

I saw an interesting Clematis last night that was described as Summer Snow. From the pictures found on the Net this morning, I believe the Clematis in question is the Clematis Paul Farges 'Summer Snow'.

The site that I found the information on is an American site and they indicate that it is hardy to Zone 5 to 9. That means that Summer Snow should be hardy to Zone 5b in our area. The listing suggests that it should do well in part shade to full sun, moist but well drained alkaline or neutral soil and in a South or West facing location.

The one that we saw last night was in a somewhat sheltered location and is flowering now - the beginning of August. It had spent flowers on it which indicates that it has been blooming for some time. The listing gives indicates that it blooms July through September.

If you like the small flowered Clematis that bloom prolificly, this might be one to consider.

3 comments:

  1. I’m very glad to found this website because; it carries awesome and actually good data in favor of readers.

    clover
    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting article. I find myself feeling a little guilty of falling into your trap of how you get people to comment on your blogs. Besides that I really like a couple of ideas you present.

    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to locate your website. I just wanted to thank you for the time you spent on this great article. I definitely enjoyed reading it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete